With the weather decreasing hastily, I think the need to remind most people about the dangers of using malfunctioning heating units. Maybe you do not guess about the dangers, when you are simply trying to keep yourself moderate and heat your loft while I was in this upcoming winter. There are some major safety concerns with regard to Winter heating. In particular, lake house fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. The Centers of Disease Control notes that more than 400 people die monthly from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. Most of those deaths occur in the winter, when the lake house renters are attempting to heat their loft with a defective oil furnace or area heater. This “Silent Killer” is an odorless gas that updates the oxygen in your body when it is inhaled. The victims often guess that they have the flu. It is created by several ordinary malfunctioning equipment. That is why as an HVAC provider, I have seen the disfigure that a defective oil furnace can do and I want to get the word out. I personally have talked to several residents in the older cities, trying to make them aware of these dangers. Do not use a faulty oil furnace, area furnace or even a fireplace that hasn’t been cleaned in a few years. In an attempt to heat your home, that fireplace can absolutely catch your lake house on fire. As a local HVAC provider trying to spread the word about using safe heating sources while I was in the winter, I encourage a oil furnace tune-up. That oil furnace that is in harsh need of repair, should not be used until a licensed heating worker checks it.