My poor uncle

One of the most important things to me as a homeowner is maintaining my household equipment. I am mostly referring to my HVAC system. You see, when I was younger, my favorite uncle died. When I found out the reason of his death, it absolutely haunted me. He actually died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the midst of the winter that fateful year. I came to find that he had not kept up with regular HVAC system maintenance which inevitably caused his system to overheat. When his system overheated, it caused a crack in the heat exchanger of the HVAC unit. This is one of the worst things that could happen from neglecting your HVAC equipment! The heat exchanger is the important part of the system that prevents carbon monoxide gases from getting into your breathing air. So if this vital piece of equipment cracks, you are in some serious trouble! This is why it is so crucially important to have regular checkups and maintenance on your major household equipment! My uncle lived alone and he was found in his bed dead after no one was able to reach him for a little while. He must have been there dead for at least 3 days, and it seriously breaks my heart. After hearing of such a way to die, I would never put my own family in jeopardy like that by failing to get our regular HVAC maintenance. It’s so easy to take care of! Not to mention I am on an HVAC system maintenance plan, which makes our HVAC maintenance a lot more affordable. I wish my uncle had something like that going on for him, because he likely would still be here today!

heating and air