My family often tells myself and others all the time that I’m too paranoid for my own good. I think that’s a bit harsh though – I’d like to call it being “safety conscious” or “protective” more than anything else. When my wife as well as myself experienced a disturbance at our house, and the carbon monoxide alarm went off in the middle of the night, it was that much more spine-chilling than it would be any other time of day! The real fear was that the people I was with and I would be asleep, when the “silent killer” would claim us both. As I mentioned, the people I was with and I had a carbon monoxide detector that allowed us to abruptly leave the house with plenty of warning. I don’t like to run based on assumption, so rather than keep using carbon monoxide creators I immediately began evaluating the sources that could’ve caused carbon monoxide to build up in our home. The fireplace, oil furnace and even the gas range were major risk factors for bringing this killing gas into the house! I reached out to our official heating, ventilation as well as air conditioning specialist to talk about possibilities to get our home free from the danger of carbon monoxide intrusion. That’s when I found out about radiant floor heating systems, which utilize a hot water boiler as well as a special material in the floors to warm a home – and best of all, they’re zero-emission. The heat now comes much more gradually too. Next, I’ll need to seal the fireplace as well as get an electric stove.